1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

unable to download nsp

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by tony eng, Mar 31, 2019.

1. tony eng

DKS Member

Somehow I'm no longer able to download any nsp games on my switch. I tried using goldleaf and tinfoil to download nsp but goldleaf would stay stuck when downloading and tinfoil would give me the error 0x299002. When I verify the nsp on tinfoil it says content meta could not be read while the structure is ok. Same thing with goldleaf just most times it crashes instead.

I've updated all the homebrew stuff using Kosmos github (version 11) and also download the extra sigpatches for atmosphere. Havent used my switch in awhile as I've been stuck on my ps4 playing with friends so I don't really know what went wrong. I've tried going back to an older Kosmos that I remember worked (version 10) but that didn't help.

2. dorianx12

dorianx12 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

You left most important info out.
    we need to know what CFW you are running
    also what game you are trying to install.
    also are you using your own sig patches or did you download them from another user. .
    are you using atmosphere? reinx? sX?

Based on what little info you provided It would seem you are trying to install a game on an older CFW.
    step 1. Make sure you have a reliable CFW like 6.2.0 ( if you are using 7.0.1 with SX they just release an update for installing games)
    step 2. try installing a game this page darksoftware the user African has a pretty extensive updated list (small size game )
    step 3) when installing the game make sure to select "ignore firmware version "
    Step4) IF for some reason you are talking about FreeshoNX to download games directly to your switch you are out of luck those methods do not work any more ( you have to do it old fashion way )
    also freeshop HBG version 1.4.5 for me was so bugged i gave up on it.
    PS. i had a similar issue with Final fantasy 7. using CFW 6.1.0 goldleaft would crash and tinfoil would give me errors. I fixed the problem by updating CFW to 6.2.0 ( i also had some issues with [email protected] installing games so i stayed with the most reliable 6.2.0

#2 dorianx12, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Sakamoto likes this.
  3. Sakamoto

DKS Member

Try with Goldleaf 0.5
    https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/issues/235
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
    Same i stayed with 6.2 most games works fine

dorianx12 likes this.
  4. tony eng

DKS Member

i'm on 7.0.1 with hekate 4.9.1

maybe the issue is 7.1 I'm guessing from your problem. I'll see if I can downgrade
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
    I'm trying to update smash bros and download RemiLore nsp,
    I download the Sigpatches from the Kosmos Github which I've been using for awhile which comes with hekate, atmosphere and updated homebrews

[edit]
    I finally can download nsp again. So The problem was 7.0.1. I downgraded to 6.2 and able to download games again. Thanks for helping me figure out the problem :)

#4 tony eng, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    dorianx12 likes this.
  5. dorianx12

you are welcome i am glad your problem is solved.,

6. Andrew023

DKS Member

Hi All,

I'm wondering if you can help a noob out, how do you update your current CFW? I'm currently running CFW 5.1.0 (AMS 0.8.9) and I'm also running issues when installing some games. Even Smash Bros won't work anymore for me. please help me out or point me to the right step by step guide to update my CFW. thanks!

7. dorianx12

yes we can help you.

1) download the firmware you want and put it in a folder on the root of you SD card
    2) download the latest version of ChoidujourNX put it on the root of you SD card
    3) turn on your nintendo switch, access the homebrew menu, open up ChoidujourNX
    4you are going to see a bunch of folders,. select the one with the firmware you downloaded and press the "choose" button
    5 select the exfat version if you want exfat support , let it load and then click on :select firmware: then click on "start installation: when finished click reboot
    6) boot using RCM method like you always do
    and you should be done.

P.S simple google nintendo switch firmware and ChoidujourNX and you not should have problems finding them
    i cant post links to external webpages since its against the site rules and i cant upload the files because i dont know what firmware you want

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice