1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

SX OS firmware 10.0.2 Compatibility

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Neffin, May 23, 2020.

1. Neffin

DKS Member

Hi everyone, when SX OS 2.9.5 went out, it was made for 10.0.0 fmw but, finally, it was functional on 10.0.1.
    Since then, 10.0.2 get out and no news about a new fmw version. I'd like to know if 2.9.5 is compatible with 10.0.2 just like it was for 10.0.1.
    Thanks for your answers and apologizes for my written english.

2. dorianx12

dorianx12 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

i no longer have sx os pro license to test latest firmware.
    as far as i know dont update that garbage yet.
    you will have half of the fan boi base saying they havent had any issues and you should update no problem blah blah blah
    then you will have this other half

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you want my advice ? if it is not broken dont try to fix it. all games work just fine in 9.2.0 firmware i think you should stay there as 10.x.x does not really bring anything super amazing, must have, super, mega, awesome feature.

Attached Files:

#2 dorianx12, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  3. Neffin

DKS Member

Actually, some of the games I play have received a 10.0.2 patch such as Alien Isolation, Journey to the savage planet...
    I've tried to "underkey" the masterkey with NSC_Builder, it doesn't work, still asking firmware upgrade, which is normal cause the masterkey asn't change, just the firmware version.
    So, so far, I have to be patient right.

4. dorianx12

dorianx12 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

weight your options and see the one that benefits you the most. for example that new update for savage planet you mention read the patch notes :

Version 1.03

• Miscellaneous polish and bug fixes
    if you dont have game breaking bugs and update only fixes minor stuff that you wont even pay attention to in game, but it requires a higher fimrware is it really worth updating ?

what would i do? i would try to search path notes or even find a youtube channel that shows the bug fixes and balance if the higher firmware is worth the trouble

dont get me wrong. latest update is always recommended when CFW works fine. but there is always that exception. . .

in other notes let me try to patch that to a lower firmware if its possible and i am successful i will shoot you a message. ( i dont doubt your skills, but its worth a try on my side i think)

#4 dorianx12, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. Neffin

DKS Member

@dorianx12
    Oh, don't worry, you can doubt my skills, I do. I've just tried what I though to be right, but except what is given by software as possibilities, I'm not experienced in coding or anything else to be able to find a solution.
    Thank you for your investment in my "problem" but don't fuss to much for that. If I have to wait a cfw, I'll do. It's just that this 10.0.2 update in games is becoming common.
    "Miscellaneous polish and bug fixes", you know, sometimes, even if presented this way, it can change things like freezes, pop-up...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice