1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

RetroArch on 10.0.2 crashing

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by prb, Jun 18, 2020.

1. prb

prb
    DKS Member

having a problem with retroarch ive downloaded the latest version 1.8.8 but just keeps crashing on first boot
    my switch is on 10.0.2 with AMS 12.0 cfw any advise on getting this up and running would be appreciated
    thanks

i think i no what the problem is now my sd card is formatted to exfat so it can handle files over 4gb but it seem retroarch needs a sd card formatted to fat32

#1 prb, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  2. panterazul

DKS Member

hey sorry for piggybacking your post but I also have a problem of retroarch always crashing when i try to open it in album (error code 2168-0002). I think I'm running the latest atmosphere and I'm on 9.1.0. I saw something about running it with title takeover by holding R on any of the titles I have installed but when I do that it doesn't make a difference whether I hold R down or not it just opens the game as usual.

3. prb

prb
    DKS Member

got it ruuning just get the latest version of retroarch and just hold r when booting any ns games that will take you to the album homebrew then just boot retroarch worked for me let me know how you get on as can help if your having any probs

ps retroarch is ok but still lags alot

4. panterazul

DKS Member

good stuff ok I have mine running too now. I just didn't know you have to hold R when you pick a user after opening a game to give full ram access to retroarch.

prb likes this.
  5. dorianx12

dorianx12 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

everyone retroarch has been update. go ahead and update. see if it fixes your issues.

6. prb

prb
    DKS Member

RetroArch 1.8.9 is the latest got it going on a exfat mc had no problems with it but RetroArch.com say to format your mc to fat32
    best to hold r boot any game and keep r held down pick profile and keep holding r until homebrew menu pops up then just boot retroarch

dorianx12 and panterazul like this.
  7. panterazul

DKS Member

by any chance do you know of a mame romset around here with the top picks that works well?

8. prb

prb
    DKS Member

panterazul likes this.
  9. panterazul

DKS Member

thanks I'm downloading it now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice