1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 SDK Help

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by somwahta1234, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. somwahta1234

DKS Member

Hey!

Now that the PS4 SDK is out, I have tried to get it to run for a while now but hit a wall and kinda need help getting it to work.
    I tried asking this many times in Discord, but it seems no one it really that interested in teaching a novice in that topic. - Which I understand. Every dev just wants to get started and not worry about some noob.

However, I am still trying. But I still need some help.
    If there is anyone who could get in touch with me, I welcome it.

The current problem is in compiling ps4link (https://github.com/psxdev/ps4link) so I can just "see" some sample apps. Thats step 1 for me - which might or might not be correct. I dont know.
    Step 2 for me would be, getting to know the code. Both sample code and sdk code. I am not a c/c++ dev so I will have a hard time I guess. I have read the docs from the leaked ps4 sdk for a while and have a pretty good idea whats going on I think.

Step 3 finally is building my own apps.

I have set up a build slave via VM (I can share the vagrant file if needed), but there is the compiling error like I said, which I dont know how to handle really.
    Some header files are missing that I cant do nothing about. I dont know if that means "go look for them on the internet" or "backport them from the .c file" or whatever.. Like I said. I am very noobish about c/c++.

Thanks.

2. Sup Im BirDy

DKS Member

Theres a few things you will need like virtual box and stuff but this is pretty much what you need to do with the updated hitodama sdk and usually the devs put instructions on how to build their work in the read me. Also i know in ps4link you gotta change some ips to your pc and your ps4.

3. somwahta1234

DKS Member

PS4Link: Yes, I changed my IP address, but some dependencies won't compile. Thats the main issue right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice