1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

Reviews [Official Review] Hypergalactic Psychic Table Tennis 3000 [PC]

Discussion in 'PC - Reviews' started by AutumnWolf, Mar 5, 2020.

1. AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

HGPTT3K_terminals_keyPromoHeader.png

Review code provided by Blue Wizard.

"Paddle your balls!"

[​IMG]

"The year is 3XXX... the world is consumed by chaos..."

No wait, that's not it.

*Ahem*

[​IMG]

Gather powerups and obtain new skills, prepare for the most intense game of pong ever!

That's right, Hypergalactic Psychic Table Tennis 3000 is a modernized take on the classic game, it plays like pong but has a bunch of RPG elements thrown in, for example, you can obtain abilities like for example the ability to throw fireballs at your enemies, the ability to heal your paddle or you can unlock a shield, the ability to walk on water or even the ability to move your paddle on every direction, pretty crazy stuff.

[​IMG]

You and your enemies have health bars if your life or your enemy's is depleted your/their paddle will explode and they/you will be left wide open.

Sometimes stages have water, lava, portals, bumpers or slime scattered around, bumpers can explode too if they suffer too much damage, the level you play on seems to be random.

Make sure to use the elements present on each level to your advantage.

There are many bosses and enemies you can fight, they come in different shapes and sizes, some are faster, some are smart, some are not, this makes for variable gameplay.

3.PNG

The things I liked:

-The narrator sounds cool

-The messages in-between levels are really funny

-The music is rather interesting, it reminds me in a way of the Music in Luigi's Mansion

-The gameplay is addictive

[​IMG]

-The game poses a bit of a challenge

-The game gets more crazy as you go

-The game requires strategy

BLJ.PNG

-Atari style graphics (kinda) for that extra nostalgia bonus

-Getting good at the game is rewarding for you as the player, makes you feel good

-Anything can happen

-You can fight "Blue Wizard" (Which is the name of the studio too) and that's simply amazing

-Lots of references

[​IMG]

The things I didn't like:

-There's no continues if you die you HAVE to start over (Right now there's an exploit where you can close the game before you die and then you can hit "continue" in the menu after restarting the game)

-The music has to be unlocked, but this isn't exactly a bad thing, it's kinda funny

-There's no multiplayer but I don't think that's what the devs were interested in bringing to the table so that's fine, I do hope they add multiplayer (I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, DEVS!)

Graphics: 8/10 good job at trying to replicate Atari graphics
    Music: 9/10 oddly captivating
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Fun factor: 8/10
    Level of engagement: 9/10

Capture.PNG

Overall 9/10 (not an average)

It may sound to some like I am overhyping a Pong game but if you don't believe me give it a try, it's just 2 bucks!

4.PNG

(The game is on sale now so you can get it for a bit less than 2 dollars)

You can get the game here:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice