1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

[HB Store] How to Host your own CDN/Store

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by LightningMods, Apr 10, 2019.

1. LightningMods

LightningMods Site Owner
    Staff Member Site Owner

How to Host your own CDN/Store
    [​IMG]

Introduction-

CDN Stands for... content delivery network

Definition

A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver pages and other Web content to a user, based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and the content delivery server.

Requirements

1. Starter Pack Uploaded Below
    2. either a Website or Local Host setup
    3. The knowledge that any new page you add has to be in multiples of [8] Titles/HB/Games
    4. This Guide

DIY Store/CDN

First off here are so Keys points you need to remember

-1. Make sure to edit the main_app.json too for your hosting backgrounds etc

0. Extract the WHOLE Zip to your website or server ROOT (unless you wanna include folder name in your URL)

1. ALL titles need 2 Pics (PNGs ONLY) one for the Menu and one for the Download Page

dimensions

Title Pic - 122 x 125

Download Page - 263 x270

2. Character Limites, If you don't follow these guidelines part of your name may be cut down to follow them

Title Menu - 20 Characters

Download Page - 23 Characters

Description 1-3 - 27 Characters

3. JSON entries CANNOT be Swapped or re-ordered

4. ALL New Page MUST contain 8 Entries at a time unless you want blank spots on your Menu Page and ALL new pages MUST be named homebrew-page[next number].json

Step One

In the included JSON pages

Change these Links to your site Links or Your PCs IP if your local hosting

upload_2019-4-10_7-22-36.png

Step 2 fill in ALL the required Info

Title id, size etc etc..

Step 3

NOTE: all of these entries go in order from Block 1-8 So fist Entry will be the first block etc

Step 4 Change Settings to your CDN/URL

upload_2019-4-10_7-28-35.png

Or by editing Settings.ini on USB or App dir

Your Finished now you can share your Server or CDN with anyone!

TroubleShooting

1. Your page keeps trying to load Page 1 with no success

Answer: your JSON is invalid if so edit the ones in the ZIP or confirm your JSON isnt bad

2. SomeThings/Everything is Blank

Answer: your Missing Content

3. Upon restarting the APP i get this Error

[​IMG]

Answer: your Missing Crucial APP Files in your Host or file Permissions are Wrong

upload_2019-4-10_7-35-31.png

4. When trying to download something from my store i doesn't go past "Start" on the Download Dialog

Answer: That means your Download is Missing/ Download link for that title is invalid please check again

Attached Files:

#1 LightningMods, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    BMT, gus5blue, Wayne1990 and 13 others like this.
  2. Rasscal

DKS Member

Hi,

i would like to host my own store on my NAS but i feel it will take me forever to add new JSON files for my library can you recomend a faster way to do this?

anyway to create a batch file of some sorts to create these?

alex ruiz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice