1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Gold leaf+ Gold tree Nintendo Switch Games USB installation

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by dorianx12, Jul 23, 2019.

1. dorianx12

dorianx12 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

There has been many question regarding Nintendo Switch Game installation via USB
    there were many questions about large files being installed and having problems so I started to emulate the issues and came up with some easy identifiable solutions.
    Is your SD card formatted Fat32 and you cant fit large files without splitting them on your computer ? well this method will also fix your problem and save you time
    this is a tutorial on how to, and it is also tips to avoid potential installation issues

1) download these files ( if you already use gold leaf go to step 2)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Goldleaf.nro place it inside the folder named "switch" in you SD card
    Goldtree.v0.5.zip. unzip it and place it in your desktop
    2)Plug your Switch to the PC using your USB cable. then on your switch gold leaf click "USB Installation"

3) now on your PC run goldtree.exe it will open a menu to browse for the game you want to install.

4) now on your Switch follow the instructions like you usually do to install the game.

5) when installation is done. close gold tree first to stop the sync between pc and NS, if you dont do it this way your switch will crash and reboot, in case it does this dont worry once your NS boots your game should run just fine.

How to avoid issues I encountered:
    A)
    always run Gold Leaf "USB installation" First. if you run Gold Tree first you will encounter a problem
    B) When installing large files over 4 gigs Do not let your switch screen to sleep. you have to keep tapping the screen once in a while to avoid auto sleep. Large games I tested (fire emblem, dragons dogma, Skyrim, megaman, final fantasy X) they all worked
    allowing your switch to go to sleep will result in the installation process to stop, you will get an error in gold tree and blank icon with no name in your switch.
    The only game I could NOT install to my SD card was Hellblade:Senuas sacrifice, however I was able to install it on my system memory just fine.
    C) Try not to use a USB HUb,or to use the USB port in dock mode. its better to connect your usb cable directly to your switch and straight on the back of your computer rather than the front USB port.

Attached Files:

#1 dorianx12, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    fisher85, kurodeska, RacerX and 45 others like this.
  2. dorianx12

Gold Leaf V0.7 has been updated. better than ever. several issues has been fixed.
    If you update Goldleaf you must ALSO update GOLDtree.exe
    Changelog
    • Remote PC
      • Unicode is now supported. No more complaints with special characters in drive labels or folders!
      • Read size was dropped again to 8MB (from previous 16MB), to make USB more stable (16MB size might cause unstability)
      • Added option to select a file directly on the remote PC tool (basically same system as on <=0.5 Goldleaf versions, for those who like the classic system!)
      • Goldtree's messages were slightly changed to be more accurate. Now it shows its version to avoid confusion between different executables.
    • NSP installs
      • The NSP's name is shown above (instead of the directory).
      • ETA (estimated time for the install to finish) is now shown too.
      • Now Goldleaf always obtains the NSP's key generation (previously only when it had a ticket) and compares it to a computed system one, in order to block installs with higher key generations (mostly since the contents couldn't be decryptable, thus utterly useless)
      • Now install location is just chosen once, at the start of batch NSP installs (all NSPs within a directory)
      • Multi-content installations (just a few titles currently) work now (didn't seem to work on 0.6.x)
    • Title dump / export
      • Titles are always dumped inside concatenation files (HOS's archive bit directories, used to support +4GB files), what means +4GB titles can safely be dumped on FAT32, and directly installed.
      • Fixed errors dumping updates and DLCs. They should work fine now.
    • General
      • A big part of the code was reformatted: several small bugs fixed, others not that small mentioned below.
      • Added a warning and success / failure messages for directory deleting.
      • Goldleaf no longer relies on its custom libnx fork, since its only worthy difference was its (slightly) custom USB code, which has been merged in Goldleaf. This doesn't involve any performance changes, but less complexity in order to build the project.
      • Copying files from PC to SD which are over 4GB is now correctly handled, creating a concatenation file (see above) to correctly handle it.
      • The forwarder was updated with hbloader's latest version, thus now the forwarder's version is 0.2.
    • User / accounts
      • Users have a more important role in Goldleaf. Now an account has to be selected in order to use several user-related features.
      • Added support for unlinking (locally ONLY) accounts, mainly for banned people who want to unlink their accounts in order to delete them.
    • Content manager
      • Fixed a bug where the base title's size would be shown always, even when checking only updates or DLC.
      • Added play statistics support, both for user-only (user must be selected first, see above) and global, this includes last played time and total play time for both.
      • Fixed bugs where contents whose base title is on a different location than updates/DLCs would be shown incorrecly.
    • UI

Update Gold Leaf and also Goldtree V0.6.1 has been released today
    change log details.
    More support for USB installs.
    they listened to us and include a NO sleep option so that the NS doesnt go to sleep while

• Goldleaf's internal filesystem handling has been completely remade, installs have been internally remade. This apparently results in slightly faster installs, at least in my case.
    • Now the user won't be asked to ignore required firmware version or not, as that can be configured on the config.
    • Sleep-mode is disabled now in order to avoid to interrupt installs.
    • Now all the NSPs inside a directory can be installed in a row
      • USB installs have been improved into a new feature: remote PC browser!
      • Now you can directly browse your PC, plus any drives connected to it, as a regular filesystem, same as SD card or console memory.
      • It is also worth to mention that the new USB command system seems to be way, WAY more stable than any previous USB system in Goldleaf!
      • Anyway, always keep in mind that it might freeze or cause bugs with folders with tons of files.

#2 dorianx12, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    African likes this.
  3. grieche47

DKS Member

Hey there,

i got a little problem.
    i`ve installed goldleaf 0.7 on my switch and i`ve started it.
    if i go to usb connect i got the error that my swithc isn`t connected with the pc.

i there anything I have to do additional?

thank you in advance.

BR
    grieche

4. dorianx12

if you update GoldLeaf you also need to update goldtree.

update: i just replicated your problem and its because of the problem mentioned above.
    goldtree has been updated to 0.7 if you try to use goldtree .0.6.1 or lower it will give you a problem

#4 dorianx12, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice