1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

Copy files on SDXC are gone

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Caldir, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Caldir

DKS Member

hello anybody, is happen very often after i get a Placeholder error from Tinfoil.
    after this error i need to format the SDXC Card ... Sandisk 128 GB Class 10

FW 9.2.0 atomsphere 0.10.5 Fork HBG 8.1.0
    after Wheel of Death of the Covers, tinfoil can not copy anymore from the PC ...

i also eject the card.

2. dorianx12

dorianx12 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

I cant remember what version of tinfoil with HBG store i read from but : here is from reading about the HBG shop with tinfoil forum error guide a posts.
    if using kosmos or any other with extra modules added to atmosphere is better to boot load switch directly with atmosphere fusee-primary bin file NO HEKATE.
    HBG 8.1.0? you mean the latest version of tinfoil 8.1.0? If so you are on the latest version

that being said (and you probably know this already but ) try to format your SD card to FAT32 as it is best to avoid SD corruption.
    this is the first time i read anyone being forced to format their sd card for a placeholder issue!!! Deleting the Placeholder blank image doesnt work for you ? or it does work but it corrupts your SD card ? if you delete place holder image. reboot your switch and try to install a new game does it still give you errors?
    does going to settings>data management and delete do anything for you ?

I would get blank placeholder if the game required for example : 9.1.0 firmware but i was using 8.1.0 firmware. or if i would install the update before the base game. or if i installed an update that required a higher firmware version., or just a bad dump

are you getting the NCA error by any chance ?

#2 dorianx12, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  3. Caldir

DKS Member

i found out got a faulty SDXC Card Sandisk... it has only 32 GB not 128 GB sorry for annoying the forum
    after a got over the 32 GB so angry about the sell on ebay...
    pass 32 GB on NSW / CFW what ever anything got corrupted like NCA signature or placeholder... now i know why it make all sense
    test it with h2testw software on windows

4. dorianx12

crap man. such bad luck getting one of those.
    its been months since those scams infiltrated i dont see an end to it.

5. prb

prb
    DKS Member

dude if you see a sd card that seem cheap 99.9% are just fake
    scan disk are the worst even scan disk them self say 50 to 60 percent of all sd cards sold are fake

#5 prb, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  6. dorianx12

I agree.
    Amazon got good at banning them fake cards ( still happen ) but ebay you are risking 50/50 IMO
    wish / aliexpress you now you are asking for it . . .

7. Caldir

DKS Member

it wasnt so cheap 19 € it was just a fake i got the cash back

8. prb

prb
    DKS Member

Tbh mate a 128gb class 10 scandisk sd card
    Retails at 40-60€ so 19€ is very cheap just saying

dorianx12 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice