1. You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Before you agree with rules DKS Forum, If you haven't read yet, please click this "Forum Rules 2.2 has been updated."
  3. Get upgrade the account (anti-ads - Silver or Gold) ----> "Click".
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out: DKS-Discord
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 5.55 Update already exploited by MathieuLH ?

Discussion in 'PS4 - News' started by Guillaume MrNiato, May 22, 2018.

1. BlazerKing

DKS Member

I'm just glad I kept my old ps4 after buying the PS4 pro and so lucky the last update on the old one was 5.05....... and I'm happy to say everything works great thanks to all the guys behind the scene.

2. ofir

DKS Member

Any news ?

3. Brandon1993

DKS Member

I think we're a long way from 5.55 sadly :(

4. TheSence

DKS Member

I bought my 2nd PS4 about 4 years ago (when the 1.76 webkit appeared without kexploit), and a few days ago i finally give her a life and jailbroke it. So if i can wait 4+ years, you guys can wait a few weeks/month ;-) So yes i would wait and not update the FW. Or buy a second one, i think there are still tons of consoles around under 5.05... old bundles (maybe the destiny 2 bundle), or some used ones at gamestop where u check the firmware before u buy.

I am sure that 5.55 will be released when:

- Sony brings out a new firmware and the dev's get a kexploit (different than the one in 5.55) in the new firmware

and / or

- Sony finds the Bug and Patch it... then it's useless for future Firmwares and they can make the kexploit public for everyone.

yas and crashb like this.
  5. crashb

DKS Member

props that takes commitment
    i got curious and randomly looked up ps4 jailbreak (i remember reading ps4 couldn't be jailbroken) 3 days before 5.05 was released :sal: im on 5.55 here to wait it out

6. Zorn

DKS Member

I wouldn't think we are too far off a 5.55 public release, especially since 6.00 beta testing is taking sign ups. This of course is all speculation and a lot of hope lol.

7. Duncan

DKS Member

Made the mistake myself of buying a ps4 god of war pro and updating it fully lol. However was/am using a slim ps4 with 5.05.
    Luckily... Found a new god of war bundle sealed for same price as the store locally, from someone who was trying to resell higher. Managed to sell my 5.55 god of war bundle yay! for the same i paid. Hacked pro and slim now :)

8. finalleon

DKS Member

Hello,

Just checking if someone from this forum tested this JB link? [Deleted by staff] Thanks.

#48 finalleon, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  9. lxtrnck

DKS Member

This is fake. You just follow here.Currently no development for 5.55. Damn! Wait wait wait and wait.... All news 5.05.

#49 lxtrnck, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  10. w1zzybee

DKS Member

After jailbreak your ps4 and install pkg games, can you play online on the psn network?

11. VonCunz

VonCunz YARR!
    DKS Member

this is like the most "ungoogled-question-that-should-be-googled" question. Obviously you cannot log in or play online (well for the time being you can play COD) PLEASE pass it on.

12. w1zzybee

DKS Member

Good info! Thanks. But is it only COD you know that works online or there might be other games too? Jst curious.

13. VonCunz

VonCunz YARR!
    DKS Member

from what I've read it's just COD they're working on, and it doesn't require PSN Login idk? in future maybe they'll support other games but I hope they do not mix Jailbroken PS4s to NonJailbroken PS4 Multi-player games. you get the idea.

14. m0nadpr0xy

m0nadpr0xy Former staff
    Former staff

FAKE!

People like this guy should be shoot or thrown into a ditch. These are scammers who try to get people into updating their PlayStation to a newer version so they can't use the 5.05/5.07 exploit or even worse to break it somehow. And with most you might also get your computer infected with viruses.

15. w1zzybee

DKS Member

Gotcha buddy! ;)

16. Zibi288

DKS Member

couple days ago i sold my pro and buy slim 5.05 heheh

17. sandman15552000

DKS Member

So I may be new to this site but I am no new to "THE" scene at all. I've been around since the start of the software console hacking scene with the ds and pap. Started on the physical hacking and modding on game boy.

So I'll drop some knowledge on you that will help you avoid lots of these post. First sony is very diligent about patching up exploits once release to the public or if they find out how they been exploited like if someone accendently or unknowly sent in an error report on an exploited console.

Knowing this exploit devs will not release another exploit publicly or ever a small Bata group (I'm sure many have asked) unless another exploit is available.

So what are the chances there is another exploit that is private? Well very high like. 95% to 100%. What are the chances that it existence will be acknowledged? 0 to no chance in he'll until another exploit is found.

Is this devs holding back, being selfish, or spiteful? No this is quite the opposite they want to insure that exploits can reach as far as possible without sony blocking them off. Sometime granting access to exploits introduced in future patches that wouldn't of been accessably otherwise. Also they get worn out by constantly being asked for a new exploit or weather there is one instead of being thanked by there great work. This has caused some greats to the scene to walk away completely. I also takes away from there personal time and dev time. Making exploits take longer. Belgrave it or not it is a great feeling to finally get to release something you have been working on to the public finally.

So hopefully you've read this because it will help the scene and save you time. If not that's up to you.

For those that pick and choose what they read I would not even expect a new public update till 6.0 has been out for a while and then we might see a public 5.50 exploit if a new one has been found. Until then thank your great devs, support them and let them be.

whisky and feist303 like this.
  18. alan381

DKS Member

Yes, you need to stay and be patient.

19. alan381

DKS Member

Did you fix a problem?

20. Ian

Ian
    DKS Member

Probably they already exploited 5.5X, they're just scared to release it. Sony is watching to each of them i think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice